We know that underwriting is pivotal to your success with your clients. That’s why we continue to make enhancements to our underwriting guidelines that can make doing business with us easier and more client-friendly.
As of September 16, the following enhancements have been made to our underwriting requirements:
- Elimination of most resting EKGs*.
- We will no longer require a resting EKG at any face amount through the age of 40
- Ages 41-50: EKG will not be required through $10,000,000
- Ages 51-70: EKG will not be required through $5,000,000
- Age 71+: EKG will not be required through $150,000
- Attending physician statements (APSs) will no longer be required for clients with controlled hypertension.
- Exams and labs will no longer be required for applicants ages 0-15, for face amounts under $10,000,000.
- We will begin leveraging electronic inspection reports in lieu of telephone inspection reports for amounts through $10 million, through age 70; and for amounts through $1 million at ages 71+. Telephone inspection reports will only be required for amounts over $10 million, through age 70; and over $1 million at ages 71+.
- Finally, we will no longer require a Foreign National Questionnaire or routine APSs for green card holders.
Note: An MCAS cognitive test (completed via phone interview) will be ordered by the home office on
applicants at ages 71+.
We want to help you deliver what is best for your clients when it comes to underwriting, which is why we’re committed to providing an improved and streamlined process that will make doing business with us easier and faster — ultimately allowing you to spend more time building your business.
If you have any questions about these new guidelines, or how they can be applied to your cases, please contact your Protective Life representative.
Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.