In February 2020, we made key updates to our agent authentication process when agents call into the Customer Experience Advocacy Team (formerly Life Customer Service, Annuity Contact Center and Claims teams.) With your feedback, we’ve made changes to our agent authentication process to make the process more streamlined for agents, while still protecting our customers.
Our verification process for broker-dealers, agencies, banks and representatives of those entities for any requests for sensitive information or policy changes via a phone call to Protective for Life, Annuity or Claims requests is now as follows:
The caller must provide all of the following:
- Relationship to the agent (if assistant or back-office support)
- Password (if present)
- Broker-dealer/agency/bank name
- Along with two of the following:
- Policy number
- Last four digits of owner’s or insured’s Social Security number
- Owner’s or insured’s date of birth
- Last four digits of agent’s Social Security number
Protecting our clients is extremely important at Protective, and we continually look for ways that we can better protect them in our rapidly changing industry.
If you have any questions, please contact your Protective Life representative.
Let’s deliver on our promises. Together.